[Gluster-users] Running two gluster server instances at once

Patrick Irvine pirv at cybersites.ca
Tue Aug 4 20:42:02 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I was wondering if any one has tried (or if it's even possible/advisable) to
run two server instances at once on the same server.  I am setting up a fail
over mechanism that requires brick one to be available at all times and
brick two to be dynamically inserted and removed.  I understand that dynamic
brick control is slated for gluster 2.1, but I need to be able to mimic it
now.  My idea was to only enable brick two's ip when the underling file
system is available, hence controlling access.

Anyone tried this or even something similar?

Thanks in advance!

Pat