[Gluster-users] Server side mount point confusion

Justin Kolb jkolb at realtour.biz
Tue Aug 4 18:49:34 UTC 2009

If you have an AFR server and a process on the server writes or reads
directly from the server's mount point (not using a glusterfs client
connection) how does that affect replication?

I'm trying out a simple test environment at the moment and I setup a 1
server and 1 client on the same computer. I touched a file from the
glusterfs client mount point and noted it appeared in the normal server
mount point. Then I touched a file on the server mount point and it
appeared on the client, but since I do not have another computer to test
with I'm not sure if this second test would have been replicated
correctly, or if doing this negatively affects the system. If so is
there a good way to help to avoid this type of direct access?

My goal is to have simple fail-over with 2 servers replicating data
between themselves with apache on each one serving files only from their
local copy of the glusterd data. I'm assuming the apache configuration
has to use the local client mount point for its document root.

Any pointers for such a setup are much appreciated.