[Gluster-users] anonuid-like feature?

Ralf Terdic contact at jswiff.com
Thu Apr 16 17:19:29 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a readable&writable-by-all volume using GlusterFS 2 rc7.
With NFS, you can use 'anonuid' and 'anongid' for that. GlusterFS has the
features/filter 'fixed-uid' and 'fixed-gid' options, which seem to be similar
features, but they don't work as expected. When I create a directory, it's
owned by the user defined via fixed-uid, but only that user can create files in
that directory -- unless I make the directory world-writable, but how to do
that? AFAIK there's no umask option in the GlusterFS client, and globally
changing the umask on the clients is not an option.

This leads me to the conclusion that 'fixed-uid' and 'fixed-gid' are either
buggy, or I'm using them in a wrong way (in that case, could anybody give me
an example?)

Thanks,
Ralf