[Gluster-users] AFR performance killer

Shehjar Tikoo shehjart at zresearch.com
Wed Apr 15 07:49:20 UTC 2009

Marko wrote:
> this document is made for my personal reference so it's a little raw.

A few questions:

1. What was the on-disk file system and the disk organization under the
file system?

2. In the TEST5 volfile, the volume iot is dangling. Is that how it
actually was during the test or was it interposed between volume wb and
volume AFR?

>> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Marko <gluster at sopca.com
>> <mailto:gluster at sopca.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> To clearify: * im testing with gluisterfs-2.0.0rc7 * all bricks are
>> on same physical server(Xen guests). It's a testing environment.

Were the client side tests( i.e., both the test program like
make-many-files and the corresponding glusterfs client..) also running
in a Xen guest?

Thanks
Shehjar