[Gluster-users] favorite-child prevents from syncing an empty directory

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Sun Apr 5 13:01:01 UTC 2009

At 03:26 AM 4/5/2009, Stas Oskin wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I wanted to report another issue I found with the AFR.
>
>It seems that while AFR'ing two servers and one is completely empty,
>if the empty server is be defined as favorite-child - no syncing
>happens at all!
>
>Meaning, I needed to manually change the favorite child to second
>server, before it all began to work.
>
>Please include it into your fixing plans as well.

how do you want them to fix this.
theoretically, the "fix" would be to erase everything in the other
replica.  Seems it's a bad idea to delete everything in this case?