[Gluster-users] Multiple disks per server functionality

Stas Oskin stas.oskin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 18:44:53 UTC 2009

Hi.

Any idea, what is the best configuration to connect multiple disks per
servers?
I mean, I have multiple servers with 4 disks per server, and I look to unify
all this space to a single volume, with replication of 2.

What would be the best?

Unify all the disks per single server to a single volume, then AFR with
another server, then unify all once again?
Or
AFR per-disk basis with another server, then unify all AFR's into one
volume?

I don't want to use RAID or volume, as I want each server to withstand loss
of almost all of it's disks (except the system one of course).

Regards.