[Gluster-users] glusterfs performance

Graeme graeme at sudo.ca
Fri Sep 19 17:59:44 UTC 2008

Anand Avati wrote:
> Are you using write-behind in the client volume spec? write-behind
> affects write performance significantly. AFR spreads different files
> to be read from different subvolumes, and not parts of a file.

No, as mentioned, I've just been doing the tweaks like write-behind,
read-ahead, and io-threads on the server side, not the client side,
since the wiki seems to indicate you can do it on either, and I wanted
to make the client config simpler.

I'll move all those to client side, and see what kind of difference it
makes. Or are they things that should be on both the client and server?