[Gluster-users] glusterfs performance

Graeme graeme at sudo.ca
Thu Sep 18 20:37:12 UTC 2008

KwangErn Liew wrote:
> The Debian package is slightly outdated. 1.3.12 is the latest stable
> with fixes and improvements. It'd be good if you can benchmark 1.4.x
> as well for it has lots of architectural changes/improvements
> (supposedly).

These are good points. The problem with that is that I'm not keep to
roll out a solution into production that isn't marked as stable (1.4.x),
or that I can't keep track of with the package management system
(1.3.12). I'll see if I can roll some packages of 1.3.12 at least, and
retry my AFR benchmark.

> 1.3.x doesn't automatically stripe read requests, unfortunately. If
> I'm not wrong, you'd need to add Unify over AFR.

Oh ok. If it's not expected behaviour until 1.4, then that explains it.
No problem there. Hopefully 1.4 will go stable soonish. :)

Thanks!