[Gluster-users] glusterfs over multiple subnets

Paolo Supino paolo.supino at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 20:12:13 UTC 2008

Hi

  I'm about to give up on the idea of being able to have glusterfs run on
multiple subnets ... Here is a small recap of my HPC cluster: I have a HPC
cluster with 36 nodes and a toaster (well Netapp filer). I setup glusterfs
to have a unify volume across all the nodes + toaster: the head node mounts
the the toasters filesystems using iSCSI. All the nodes are on their own
private subnet (except the head node that is also connected to the faculty
subnet). Now I'm trying to add faculty systems to the glusterfs volume, but
it seems not to work ... I think that the problem is that only the head node
is capable of seeing all the system on either subnet. Systems on the private
subnet can see the faculty subnet systems, but not vice versa ... Is it a
requirement that all systems in glusterfs volume see each other?

--
TIA
Paolo