[Gluster-users] deployment

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Wed Sep 17 09:22:47 UTC 2008

Some other things to consider:

the unify is a good idea to make use of all your space.  However,
with that many nodes, your probability of a node failing is high.
so just be aware, if one of the nodes fails, whatever data stored on
that node will be lost.

If you dont need the full 2TB's then I'd suggest using AFR.

I *think* you can run afr UNDER unify, so you would create one unify
brick with half the machines, another with the other half and AFR across them.
but I'm not sure.. it may be that AFR has to be above Unify

of course, if you don't care about the data really, i.e. it's all
backup or working space or temp files, etc.. then no need to AFR them.

Keith