[Gluster-users] glusterfs started crashing

Will Rouesnel supremeoverlordofcreation at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 08:27:08 UTC 2008

Ok I think I've narrowed it down to only being a problem with my home
directory on my server (/home is bound to the cluster which in turn is all
setup to come up at startup). I've just installed 1.3.12 and I *think* I'm
running gluster fuse (hopefully it was a kernel module, I haven't looked
into this too closely) and what seems to happen is that if I browse the
normal directories of my server (i.e. the publically accessible ones) but
when I try to access my home directory (either through /home or through the
gluster mount) then gluster freezes for what seems a really long time and
then eventually crashes.

It's not clear from the log files, but it looks like for some reason this is
a version of the issue where my namespace brick would refuse to pick up
certain files from my home directory, which I only fixed by manually copying
a bunch of them around with gluster unmounted. An example of this should be
in the log I posted earlier.

- Will