[Gluster-users] Installing linux-vserver on a two node gluster AFR

Amar Tumballi (bulde) amar at gluster.com
Thu Sep 11 21:15:38 UTC 2008

Hi Edward,
 The problem here is libfuse takes the liberty to add the nodev, nosuid
option (if dev,suid is not specified) in later versions.

Currently I have committed a patch to solve this issue, as glusterfs
explicitly specifies, 'dev, suid' options. But with whatever release you are
trying, you may have to edit the sourecode a bit and compile to get it
working

open xlators/mount/fuse/src/fuse-bridge.c,
goto function 'init()'
add
   "-o", "dev", "-o", "suid",
to fuse_argv, and increment fuse_argc by 4 (from whatever value it has
there).

compile glusterfs, install, and you should be good to solve this problem.

Regards,
Amar

2008/9/10 Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru at gmail.com>

> I am attempting to install linux vserver to a glusterfs volume across
> two nodes. Everything is working well for normal files. I can bind
> mount a gluster volume as /opt for example. I am unable to make the /
> filesystem on a glusterfs brick.
>
> I notice that even though I can configure the system like this:
> vi /etc/fstab
> /opt/jtg/conf/jtg-client.vol    /opt/jtg/mnt/shared     glusterfs
>  setuid,dev,rw,nouser,exec       0       0
>
> After a mount the permissions are always the same.
> vi /etc/mtab
> glusterfs /opt/jtg/mnt/shared fuse
> rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,default_permissions,max_read=1048576 0 0
>
> It seems that the nosuid argument is always ignored as i can run
> setuid scripts. ./ping 127.0.0.1
> More importantly I believe the 'dev' option is required linux-vserver,
> but it does not seem like I can activate this mount option.
>
> bash-3.2# cat null
> cat: null: Permission denied
>
> If anyone has any hints let me know.

Amar Tumballi