[Gluster-users] Installing linux-vserver on a two node gluster AFR

Edward Capriolo edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 03:11:17 UTC 2008

I am attempting to install linux vserver to a glusterfs volume across
two nodes. Everything is working well for normal files. I can bind
mount a gluster volume as /opt for example. I am unable to make the /
filesystem on a glusterfs brick.

I notice that even though I can configure the system like this:
vi /etc/fstab
/opt/jtg/conf/jtg-client.vol    /opt/jtg/mnt/shared     glusterfs
 setuid,dev,rw,nouser,exec       0       0

After a mount the permissions are always the same.
vi /etc/mtab
glusterfs /opt/jtg/mnt/shared fuse
rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,default_permissions,max_read=1048576 0 0

It seems that the nosuid argument is always ignored as i can run
setuid scripts. ./ping 127.0.0.1
More importantly I believe the 'dev' option is required linux-vserver,
but it does not seem like I can activate this mount option.

bash-3.2# cat null
cat: null: Permission denied

If anyone has any hints let me know.