[Gluster-users] problem copying on mac via samba

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Wed Sep 10 15:55:24 UTC 2008

Thanks for giving this info, i suspect this as issue related to extended
attributes which Finder uses. Have you tried glusterfs mount locally on mac?
Also, which os are you using? Tiger? or Leopard?

-amar

2008/9/10 Michael Di Domenico <mdidomenico4 at gmail.com>

> as a footnote, all the problems i seem to be having are in Finder.  If i do
> things via command-line, they appear to be working fine.
>

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Michael Di Domenico <
> mdidomenico4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have gluster running on several machines, i've re-exported the
>> filesystem via samba.
>> If i copy files via a windows machine things work fine
>>
>> If i copy files via a mac running osx, i get permissions errors.  I get a
>> filename stub, but i can't put any data inside them.  However, if i use a
>> different share on the same samba server it works fine.
>>
>> Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior?

Amar Tumballi
Gluster/GlusterFS Hacker
[bulde on #gluster/irc.gnu.org]
http://www.zresearch.com - Commoditizing Super Storage!