[Gluster-users] performance lower then expected

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Wed Oct 29 03:05:09 UTC 2008

Michael Di Domenico wrote:
> No, write-behind is not enabled.
>
> The volume spec files are pretty much exactly the same as the ones on
> the wiki page, all I changed was the directory.  (I can't post them as
> i'm travelling at the moment)

I can't help you out here, but I'm interested in the thread. How are
your reads? Are they ~10MB/s or ~100MB/s?. i.e. are you seeing any
aggregation  for reads?

If not, put another Gb workstation on there and ensure you are actually
getting Gb to that workstation. And check you're full duplex (cisco
switches can smack you around the chops if you're unlucky ;-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417