[Gluster-users] AFR caching

Vikas Gorur vikas at zresearch.com
Wed Oct 22 12:15:29 UTC 2008

2008/10/22 martin <mpeacock at mater.ie>:
> I've seen the various FAQs on the website saying there isn't metadata or
> caching going on but then I can't get my head around how AFR knows what to
> do when a brick goes offline and subsequently returns.  There must be some
> record of what changes were made. Is this on disk or in memory?

AFR uses a database like journal to keep track of changes. When a node comes
back up, there will be a record on other nodes to say *some* changes
are pending on the node that was down. AFR then simply copies the entire file
and/or creates files on the node that came back up.

Vikas Gorur
--
Engineer - Z Research
http://gluster.org/