[Gluster-users] Password *and* IP authentication

Andrew McGill list2008 at lunch.za.net
Fri Oct 17 08:35:04 UTC 2008

When I set up a server volume with this configuration with both IP and
user/password authentication, access to the volume is permitted based on the
source IP address only.

Is there a way of requiring both IP address AND user/password authentication?
(IP authentication is insecure, since it can be spoofed from the local
network, but login authentication is worse, since it can be used.)  (I
suspect the answer is no at the moment, judging by the code...)

As a more general question, can multiple authentication methods be required
for a server?

# config snippet ...

volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp/server
  subvolumes brick

  option auth.ip.brick.allow 192.168.0.19 # Allow access to "brick" volume
  option auth.login.brick.allow john
  option auth.login.joe.password bigsecret
end-volume