[Gluster-users] Glusterfs performance with large directories

Arend-Jan Wijtzes ajwytzes at wise-guys.nl
Wed Oct 15 15:02:04 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 07:31:05PM +0530, Anand Avati wrote:
> please try with 'option self-heal off' in the unify volume and check if that
> improves your performance.

The result is a significant increase in performance.

I assume that namespace self-healing is now turned off.
How does this effect the operation / reliability of the filesystem?

(The current setup is only for testing, if we take it into production
each node will have a mirror node (AFR) and so will the namespace.)

Arend-Jan

--
Arend-Jan Wijtzes -- Wiseguys -- www.wise-guys.nl