[Gluster-users] GlusterFS example

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Tue Oct 14 11:50:36 UTC 2008

mohan L wrote:

> i am willing to learn more about distributed file system.can any one
> please give good url?
> I am also want  a simple step by step scenario where glusterfs is very
> usefull?
>
> can any one please help me.

Wikipedia is a good place to start learning about more or less anything:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_filesystem

The Gluster documentation wiki is your best choice for learning about
Gluster in specific : http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS

In particular, the « GlusterFS Volume Specification Examples » and «
GlusterFS Community Tutorials » should give you a lot of ideas and
information.

Enjoy  ! :)

--
Daniel Maher <dma+gluster AT witbe DOT net>