[Gluster-users] mount with -o suid

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Sat Oct 11 21:07:53 UTC 2008

At 07:16 AM 10/11/2008, Luke Schierer wrote:
>I am trying to use glusterfs for a shared /home directory across a few
>servers.  I wanted to enable the ability for binaries to be set suid
>because I'd like to be able to have an ikiwiki instance managing part
>of my webpage.   I've tried putting "suid" in the options section of
>fstab, and I have googled a fair amount looking for a way to get this
>to work without luck.  It looks as though glusterfs does not support
>mount options.
>
>Am I missing something? If not, are there plans to support mounting
>with the suid option?

it's not gluster, it's fuse that's doing the actual mounting I believe.

check /etc/udev/rules.d/99-fuse.rules

I don't really know what any of that stuff does but my guess is it's
where you need to start looking to solve this problem.