[Gluster-users] cluster/afr not mirroring 100%?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Sat Oct 11 09:37:16 UTC 2008

Krishna Srinivas wrote:
> Jason
> Can you check what the difference is between the two servers after you
> kill the copy? Do they differ in the number of files?
> Krishna

It's alright. I figured it out - there are major differences between
Fedora9 and CentOS5 - which means du and find return different values!
In the end I did a
"rsync -avn /home/export/ remote:/home/export" and THAT reported that
everything was in sync - so it is working. As to why du/etc returned
different values? I dunno. The CentOS5 server is running sw-raid and the
FC9 is an LVM encrypted volume - but I wouldn't have thought that would
change blocksizes/whatever. Doesn't matter - glusterfs worked! :-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417