[Gluster-users] Directory writes yes, directory reads no

Scott Larson stl at wiredrive.com
Mon Jun 2 23:17:38 UTC 2008

     The quick question:  Has anyone else run into the issue where
they can write files to a directory, but then are unable to see them
with something like `ls`?  After starting the server and client and
mounting the glusterfs share to /mnt/gluster, if I cd into it and run
`touch foo && ls`, no files are visible.  However if I then look at
the actual directory being shared, /usr/export, file foo is present.
This problem seems counterintuitive.  I can provide logs and the
config if there isn't an obvious answer, however nothing in the logs
immediately grabs me.
     As a background, I'm looking at alternatives to our Isilon
cluster, and all of our client servers are FreeBSD 7.0.  I know that
is not currently a supported client OS, however GlusterFS would be a
seemingly good candidate for our needs and the fact writes actually
work is promising.

--
Scott Larson
Network Administrator