[Gluster-users] building 1.4.0rc6

Raghavendra G raghavendra.hg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 05:23:13 UTC 2008

Hi Keith,
Please find the comments inlined.

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Keith Freedman <freedman at freeformit.com>wrote:

> is there documentation for the apache mod?
> or a sample of how to configure it in httpd.conf?

Documentation can be found in mod_glusterfs/apache/1.3/src/README.txt. We
will be updating the documentation for 2.2 shortly, though there is not much
difference in installation procedure b/w 1.3 and 2.2.

'make install' does not install the mod_glusterfs.so into apache modules
directory. Instead it prints the apxs command along with its arguments on
the screen. All you need to do is to copy the command and execute it.

> also, make install doesn't install it to the apache directory, which
> I suppose is fine, but I had to search for the thing which, for a
> lazy person such as myself, is undesirable :)
>
> At 10:59 PM 12/29/2008, Harshavardhana Ranganath wrote:
> >Hi Stas,
> >
> >     mod_glusterfs is for checking for apache module build directly
> >with glusterfs build. But there is no lighttpd support at the moment
> >at the configure level.
> >
> >Regards
> >On 12/30/08, Stas Oskin <stas.oskin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > Yes, this is clear to me, as I built lighttpd modules in the past.
> > >
> > > What I'm asking about, is what the "mod_glusterfs" option means
> > in configure
> > > script?
> > >
> > > Regards.

> lighttpd