[Gluster-users] performance testing

Matt Lawrence matt.lawrence at tamu.edu
Mon Dec 29 18:08:39 UTC 2008

I'm doing some performance testing of glusterfs and I'm trying to figure
out the best way to analyze the data generated.  iozone looks like a
pretty good tool and I should be able to script an ensemble that varies
the performance settings, but actually analyzing the generated data is
too big a job to do manually.  I spent quite a while yesterday loading
the results into Open Office and generating charts for four test runs.
They look good, but it is far too large a job to do manually, an
ensemble will probably consist of hundreds of runs.  My maintenance
windows are this week on Wednesday & Thursday and I have no idea when I
will be allowed to take the cluster down again.

Ideas?  Please?

-- Matt