[Gluster-users] problem building fuse on CentOS 4

Harshavardhana Ranganath harsha at zresearch.com
Mon Dec 22 06:17:11 UTC 2008

Hi Matt,

     Check the rpm spec file for few more options to specify the kernel and

#   --define "ksrc <srcdir>"
#       Build with kernel header files found in <srcdir>.
#       By default, the build script will try to find the kernel headers
#       matching the specified kernel or, if no kernel was specified, the
#       current kernel.
#
#   --define "kernel <version>"
#       Specify kernel version to build the module for.
#       By default, the version is derived from the kernel source files, or
#       failing that, from "uname -r".

      If you have kernel source in non standard path or looks like you have
src release tag different than the kernel installed.

      Check if you have ls -l /usr/src/kernels/ and uname -r match. If they
don't match then a proper work around to fix this is to use --define "kernel
<version>". Let us see give it a try, if there are issues then we can look
into it.

Regards
On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 6:18 AM, Matt Lawrence <matt.lawrence at tamu.edu>wrote:

> When I try to build fuse-2.7.3glfs10 with the command "rpmbuild -ta
> fuse-2.7.3glfs10.tar.gz --with modules", it runs through quite a bit and
> then dies with
>
> RPM build errors:
>    Macro %kernel has empty body
>    File not found:
> /var/tmp/fuse-2.7.3glfs10-1-root-root/lib/modules/%{kernel}/kernel/fs/fuse
>    File not found:
>
> /var/tmp/fuse-2.7.3glfs10-1-root-root/lib/modules/%{kernel}/kernel/fs/fuse/fuse.ko
>

> Help?  I'm trying to get glusterfs up on multiple CentOS4 systems
>
> -- Matt

Harshavardhana
[y4m4 on #gluster at irc.freenode.net]
"Samudaya TantraShilpi"