[Gluster-users] Mounting from fstab

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Sun Dec 21 14:10:21 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 3:41 AM, Keith Freedman <freedman at freeformit.com> wrote:
> At 11:30 AM 12/20/2008, Sean Davis wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 6:09 AM, Keith Freedman <freedman at freeformit.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Most definitely use 1.4 unless there's a particular need to use 1.3 (of
>> > which I can't think of any).
>> >
>> > it's more efficient in nearly all aspects from what I can tell,
>> > especially
>> > with AFR.
>> > It's got many more features and seems to be quite a bit more stable
>> > (using
>> > the RC4 in my environment currently).
>> >
>> > also, I'd look at the configure options and disable the features you're
>> > sure
>> > you wont need (--disable-bdb, for example).  if you're not sure what you
>> > don't need, just go for the whole thing :)
>>
>> I have installed 1.4rc6.  No compile errors, etc.  However, I still do
>> not have mount.glusterfs in /sbin.  I used a custom install location
>> (--prefix=/usr/local) as it is a shared file system for the cluster.
>> Can I simply copy the mount.glusterfs file to the various /sbin
>> locations for each machine and expect things to work?
>
> yeah, it's probably in /usr/local/sbin
> I'd either copy it or put a hard link.
> test it on one and see if that solves the problem.

That's the weird thing.  It isn't there.  The only place I find it is
in the original src directory.  It did get made, but never got copied
to ANY destination, it appears.  I'll just link out from there--not a
problem.  I'm no expert on makefiles, but I guess I can look through
there to see if there is anything funny.

Thanks again,
Sean