[Gluster-users] building 1.4.0rc6

Harshavardhana Ranganath harsha at zresearch.com
Sat Dec 20 19:41:41 UTC 2008

* Replies inline *

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Matt Lawrence <matt.lawrence at tamu.edu>wrote:

> Matt Lawrence wrote:
> > I am trying to build the latest release candidate and have run into a
> > bit of a problem.
> >
> > When I run ./configure, I get:
> >
> > GlusterFS configure summary
> > ===========================
> > FUSE client        : no
> > Infiniband verbs   : no
> > epoll IO multiplex : yes
> > Berkeley-DB        : no
> > libglusterfsclient : yes
> > mod_glusterfs      : no ()
> > argp-standalone    : no
> >
> I'm answering my own question.  In my case, the solution was to run
> "rpmbuild -ta glusterfs-1.4.0rc6.tar.gz", install packages to satisfy
> dependencies and then run "rpmbuild -ta glusterfs-1.4.0rc6.tar.gz
> --without apxs_default".
>
> Minor problem when I went to install:
> -bash-3.2# rpm -U /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/x86_64/glusterfs-*rpm
> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.71291: line 2: /apxs: No such file or directory
> error: %post(glusterfs-1.4.0rc6-1.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 127

rpmbuild "--without apxs_default" needs to be used in conjunction with
"--define apxs_path /usr/local/apache"
if you have "apxs" installed in standard path then such an option is not
required. Also look inside glusterfs.spec file inside tarball for more
information on glusterfs specific rpmbuild command line parameters

Harshavardhana
[y4m4 on #gluster at irc.freenode.net]
"Samudaya TantraShilpi"
Z Research Inc - http://www.zresearch.com