[Gluster-users] AFR documentation

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Fri Dec 19 08:03:26 UTC 2008

thanks, looks good.

I have one thought, that might be worthy of discussion:

Personally I prefer server side AFR, because I don't want a
mis-configured client to cause problems with replication.
However, it seems the current only way to get high-availability to
the client is for the client to run AFR so that if one server fails
you still have access.

so, having afr onthe servers AND the clients seems like it might just
add weird overhead?  would it even work well at all?

and so I'm thinking, server side AFR is better and so there might be
nice to have a multi-server translator or something where you can
specify multiple servers and an access policy (like with unify-- rr,
lru, etc.) to address the availability issue.??