[Gluster-users] 1.4rc3 client crashed with sig 11 + core

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Tue Dec 16 16:52:48 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I upgraded my AFR cluster (two clients, two servers) to 1.4rc3 today.
As per the advice of Mr. Avati, as well as from the list, i've moved
towards a client-side AFR (for the time being) in order to see if it
helps with failover and recovery.

Unfortunately, i hit my first client crash about 30 minutes in !  A
signal 11, no less, along with a nice 9.4MB core dump.  The relevant
section from the glusterfs.log of the client that crashed is below :

--------------------

frame : type(1) op(32)
frame : type(1) op(32)
frame : type(1) op(32)
frame : type(1) op(13)
frame : type(1) op(13)
frame : type(0) op(0)

Signal received: 11
configuration details:argp 1
bdb->cursor->get 1
db.h 1
dlfcn 1
fdatasync 1
libpthread 1
llistxattr 1
setfsid 1
spinlock 1
epoll.h 1
xattr.h 1
tv_nsec 1
package-string: glusterfs 1.4.0rc3

--------------------

Client config : http://glusterfs.pastebin.com/m50af4d49
Server config : http://glusterfs.pastebin.com/d23a1fa7e

Client details :
# uname -s -r -p
Linux 2.6.24.4 x86_64
# cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf)
# rpm -qa | egrep "(gluster|fuse)"
fuse-libs-2.7.3glfs10-1
fuse-2.7.3glfs10-1
glusterfs-1.4.0rc3-1

Has anybody else had 1.4(rc3 or other) sig 11 on them ?  Any idea why ?

--
Daniel Maher <dma+gluster AT witbe DOT net>