[Gluster-users] glusterfs problem

Matt Lawrence matt.lawrence at tamu.edu
Tue Dec 16 16:07:14 UTC 2008

Krishna Srinivas wrote:
> Matt,
>
> With the available info we are not able to figure out what might be
> causing the problem. I just tried your vol files and it worked fine.
> Does glusterfs work when you start it and later start failing? Any
> idea on what triggers the bug? Is it possible for you to check with
> the latest glusterfs codebase (1.4)?

I have done some further testing and the problem seems to be related to
using storage on our Coraid units.  They are connected via Gb ethernet
and speak AOE (ATA over Ethernet).  They have generally been working
fine when mounted on a server and then being exported via NFS, but there
is a desire to use the greater capabilities of gluster for storage.
Using disks internal to the server has been working fine.

I'm really at a loss as to what to try next.  Suggestions?

-- Matt