[Gluster-users] Differing sizes for bricks

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Wed Dec 10 02:47:16 UTC 2008

I am a new user to gluster and have found it ridiculously easy to set
up a basic, working test example.  Now, I want to begin to work toward
consolidating storage from a number of machines that make up our
compute cluster.  We have bought these machines over time and some
have a fair bit of storage (3-10TB).  So, what is the recommended way
of configuring gluster when the storage sizes (and performance) are
different among bricks?  We would plan on this type of storage
scavenging just as an "archival" storage where high performance is not
really necessary.  I think we will be able to arrange backups for
these data, also, outside of gluster afr.  Any suggestions or links?

Thanks,
Sean