[Gluster-users] simple AFR setup, one server crashes, entire cluster becomes unusable ?

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Tue Dec 9 17:36:30 UTC 2008

At 09:28 AM 12/9/2008, Stas Oskin wrote:
>Hi.
>
>Thanks for the example, but how actually server-side AFR works?
>
>I mean, when you put a file on one server, it writes to the second
>one? And vice-versa?

yes.

client 1 updates file on server 1.  server 1 and server 2 (if AFR'ed)
communicate and server 1 pushes file to server 2.

Client 1 reads file from server 1.  Server 1 and server 2 coordinate
to see if they are already in sync.  if so, server 1 sends file to
client 1.  if not server 1 gets newer version first then send to client 1.