[Gluster-users] AFR questions
stas.oskin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 01:52:38 UTC 2008
I have some AFR-related questions which I decided to put to separate email:
1) How can I specify that AFR stores files on separate servers (in order to
prevent data loss when server goes down)?
2) How can I specify how many copies of the files to store?
3) Is it true that no rsync like functionality is supported - meaning whole
file needs to be replicated? Or there is some bits delta replication
4) How well unity/DHT would work with several disks per server at once (as
discussed on another email, where the disks in server are separated one from
another, and not overlaid by any raid, jbod or lvm)?
What developers think about this and the question above?
5) How this whole setup could be managed in NUFA(?) approach, where each
server is a client as well? I mean, what is the advised approach to control
all the settings until the central configuration comes in version 1.5?
Thanks in advance.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gluster-users