[Gluster-users] 1.4 stability

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Wed Dec 3 00:33:27 UTC 2008

I'm running 1.4qa68 in a production environment.
all the problems I have seem to be around the AFR xlator.

qa 68 seems much less problematic than previous versions but it's
only been around a day so it's probably too early to pass judgement,
but prior to this version the AFR was pretty problematic and required
manual intervention on a very regular basis to keep things in check.

from what I've seen and the speed of progress, my guess would be that
things would probably be ready for a release candidate toward the
very end of the year (depending on holidays/vacations and such).

my guess is that they're not quite ready to commit to a release date,
but my guess is that it'd be sometime in January.

As I understand it going from 1.4pre or 1.4qa to 1.4 release is not a problem.
I've been bumping up versions of qa a few times a week without
incident.and I believe architecturally things aren't going to change
so your config files will not require modification and the meta tags
aren't changing, but I can't say for sure since I'm just a user