[Gluster-users] trash in spec file

Dallas Masters dallas.masters at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 21:14:16 UTC 2008

Thanks. That makes it understandable.  I have trash working now.  For the sake
of feedback, I am running a single spec file (both server and client in one
process), with two afr'ed bricks in a unify cluster with another non-afr'ed
brick, and the namespace is being afr'ed to all hosts (3 for now).  Very easy
with gluster!  The idea is to do away with NFS and create a large unified
cluster of afr'ed bricks across our network by using all hosts as servers and
clients.

Wish list: can gluster be made to reload it's spec file rather needing a full
umount/mount?  This would allow "on-the-fly" expansion of a unified cluster
when new hosts are brought in or storage expanded.  Probably not with fuse?

Dallas