[Gluster-users] xfs images on glusterfs

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Mon Aug 18 18:53:00 UTC 2008

Hi,
 Actually we think this error came from GlusterFS itself, as it was checking
the offset to be page aligned (which was 4k earlier). But now we decided we
will not do that, and let the VFS layer itself return the error if any, so,
that way it will solve this bug. Fix committed in mainline-3.0 branch, will
be available in next qa release.

Regards,
Amar

2008/8/18 Krzysztof Chojnowski <notch at toltech.nl>

> On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 18:28 +0530, Anand Avati wrote:
> > Krzysztof,
> >  is this server side kernel 2.6.x or 2.4.x ? Permitted offsets
> > boundaries for direct-IO are different for 2.4.x and 2.6.x.
>
> It's 2.6.18-6-xen-amd64 - can it be because of xen support? I will take
> a shot with generic kernel. Anyone has other ideas?
>
> regards
> Notch

Amar Tumballi
Gluster/GlusterFS Hacker