[Gluster-users] Node Failure

Raghavendra G raghavendra.hg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 03:44:35 UTC 2008

Hi michael,
some are inlined.

On Mon, Aug 11 2008 at 5:29 AM, Michael Messig <michael.messig at sitepoint.com
> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have two nodes set up using afr. Overnight the first machine died and
> i've had to rebuild it based on a copy of the second machine (they are
> both vm's).

after  rebuild,  are the both nodes identical? If so, did you set extended
attributes appropriately for the files you repaired or created (afr uses
extended attributes to synchronise files/directories b/w its children).

Is there anything bad that will happen if I start the
> rebuilt first machine (i've changed the configuration accordingly)?

Did you change the glusterfs configuration? If so, can you send the
configuration files before and after the failure?

> I.e
> will gluster just pick up on its merry way, get all the updates from the
> second machine that have occured since the copy and not destroy the
> filesystem?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike

Raghavendra G

A centipede was happy quite, until a toad in fun,
Said, "Prey, which leg comes after which?",
This raised his doubts to such a pitch,
He fell flat into the ditch,
Not knowing how to run.
-Anonymous