[Gluster-users] server side afr, workstation unify?

Wolfgang Pauli wolfgang.pauli at colorado.edu
Tue Aug 5 23:09:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

Thanks for you your reply.

Here is the part of my configuration file that might explain better what I am
trying to do.

-----------
#glusterfs-server-dream.vol

# dream-mirror is the directory where I would like to have a complete copy of
unify0
volume dream-mirror
   type storage/posix
   option directory /glusterfs-mirror
end-volume

volume dream
   type storage/posix
   option directory /glusterfs
end-volume

# namespace for unify0
volume dream-ns
   type storage/posix
   option directory /glusterfs-ns
end-volume

# another node
volume neo
   type protocol/client
   option transport-type tcp/client
   option remote-host neo # defined in /etc/hosts
   option remote-subvolume neo
end-volume

#another node
volume echo
   type protocol/client
   option transport-type tcp/client
   option remote-host echo
   option remote-subvolume echo
end-volume

volume unify0
  type cluster/unify
  option scheduler rr # round robin # going to switch to NUFA
  option namespace dream-ns
  subvolumes dream echo neo
end-volume

volume afr0
  type cluster/afr
  subvolumes unify0 dream-mirror
end-volume

volume server
   type protocol/server
   option transport-type tcp/server
   subvolumes dream dream-ns unify0
   option auth.ip.dream.allow *
   option auth.ip.dream-ns.allow *
   option auth.ip.unify0.allow *
#   option auth.ip.dream-mirror.allow *
#   option auth.ip.afr0.allow *
end-volume

----------

# glusterfs-client-dream.vol

volume unify0
   type protocol/client
   option transport-type tcp/client
   option remote-host 127.0.0.1   # IP address of server2
   option remote-subvolume unify0   # use dream on server2
end-volume

the problem with our network is that it is slow (100MBit/s). So it would be
great if all files (talking about /home/*) would just stay on the
workstations, unless needed somewhere else. So I would like to do a afr over
a unify guy, but so far volume dream-mirror remains empty.

Thanks!

Wolfgang