[Gluster-infra] ACTION REQUESTED: Migrate your glusterfs patches from Gerrit to GitHub

Deepshikha Khandelwal dkhandel at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 09:46:23 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

We have initiated the migration process today. All the patch owners are
requested to move their existing patches from Gerrit[1] to Github[2].

The changes we brought in with this migration:

- The 'devel' branch[3] is the new default branch on GitHub to get away
from master/slave language.

- This 'devel' branch is the result of the merge of the current branch and
the historic repository, thus requiring a new clone. It helps in getting
the complete idea of tracing any changes properly to its origin to
understand the intentions behind the code.

- We have switched the glusterfs repo on gerrit to readonly state. So you
will not be able to merge the patches on Gerrit from now onwards. Though we
are not deprecating gerrit right now, we will work with the remaining
users/projects to move to github as well.

- Changes in the development workflow:
    - All the required smoke tests would be auto-triggered on submitting a
PR.
    - Developers can retrigger the smoke tests using "/recheck smoke" as
comment.
    - The "regression" tests would be triggered by a comment "/run
regression" from anyone in the gluster-maintainers[4] github group. To run
full regression, maintainers need to comment "/run full regression"

For more information you can go through the contribution guidelines listed
in CONTRIBUTING.md[5]

[1] https://review.gluster.org/#/q/status:open+project:glusterfs
[2] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs
[3] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/tree/devel
[4] https://github.com/orgs/gluster/teams/gluster-maintainers
[5] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

Please reach out to us if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Gluster-infra team