[Gluster-infra] [automated-testing] What is the current state of the Glusto test framework in upstream?

Jonathan Holloway jholloway at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 14:14:12 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 5:08 AM Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 3:03 PM Yaniv Kaul <ykaul at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 13, 2019, 3:53 AM Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
> sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> What I am essentially looking to understand is whether there are
> >> regular Glusto runs and whether the tests receive refreshes. However,
> >> if there is no available Glusto service running upstream - that is a
> >> whole new conversation.
> >

> > I'm* still trying to get it running properly on my simple
> Vagrant+Ansible setup[1].
> > Right now I'm installing Gluster + Glusto + creating bricks, pool and a
> volume in ~3m on my latop.
> >

> This is good. I think my original question was to the maintainer(s) of
> Glusto along with the individuals involved in the automated testing
> part of Gluster to understand the challenges in deploying this for the
> project.
>
> > Once I do get it fully working, we'll get to make it work faster, clean
> it up and and see how can we get code coverage.
> >
> > Unless there's an alternative to the whole framework that I'm not aware
> of?
>
> I haven't read anything to this effect on any list.

This is cool. I haven't had a chance to give it a run on my laptop, but it
looked good.
Are you running into issues with Glusto, glusterlibs, and/or Glusto-tests?

I was using the glusto-tests container to run tests locally and for BVT in
the lab.
I was running against lab VMs, so looking forward to giving the vagrant
piece a go.

By upstream service are we talking about the Jenkins in the CentOS
environment, etc?
@Vijay Bhaskar Reddy Avuthu <vavuthu at redhat.com> @Akarsha Rai
<akrai at redhat.com> any insight?

Cheers,