[Gluster-infra] New workflow proposal for glusterfs repo

Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan atumball at redhat.com
Wed Jun 12 12:32:58 UTC 2019

Few bullet points:

* Let smoke job sequentially for below, and if successful, in parallel for
others.
  - Sequential:
  -- clang-format check
  -- compare-bugzilla-version-git-branch
  -- bugzilla-post
  -- comment-on-issue
  -- fedora-smoke (mainly don't want warning).
  - Parallel
   -- all devrpm jobs
   -- 32bit smoke
   -- freebsd-smoke
   -- smoke
   -- strfmt_errors
   -- python-lint, and shellcheck.

* Remove Verified flag. No point in one more extra button which users need
to click, anyways CentOS regression is considered as 'Verification'.

* In a normal flow, let CentOS regression which is running after 'Verified'
vote, be triggered on first 'successful' +1 reviewed vote.

* For those patches which got pushed to system to just 'validate' behavior,
to run sample tests, WIP patches, continue to support 'recheck centos'
comment message, so we can run without any vote. Let it not be the norm.

With this, I see that we can reduce smoke failures utilize 90% less
resources for a patch which would fail smoke anyways. (ie, 95% of the smoke
failures would be caught in first 10% of the resource, and time).

Also we can reduce number of regression running, as review is mandatory to
run regression.

These are just suggestions, happy to discuss more on these.

-Amar