[Gluster-infra] Migration of the builders to Fedora 30

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Thu Jul 4 16:06:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have upgraded for testing some of the builder to F30 (because F28 is
EOL and people did request newer version of stuff), and I was a bit
surprised to see the result of the test of the jobs.

So we have 10 jobs that run on those builders.

5 jobs run without trouble:
- python-lint
- clang-scan
- clang-format
- 32-bit-build-smoke
- bugs-summary

1 is disabled, tsan. I didn't try to run it.

4 fails:
- python-compliance
- fedora-smoke
- gluster-csi-containers
- glusterd2-containers

The job python-compliance fail like this:
https://build.gluster.org/job/python-compliance/5813/

The fedora-smoke job, who is building on newer fedora (so newer gcc),
is failling too:
https://build.gluster.org/job/fedora-smoke/6753/console

Gluster-csi-containers is having trouble to run
https://build.gluster.org/job/gluster-csi-containers/304/console

but before, it did fail with "out of space":
https://build.gluster.org/job/gluster-csi-containers/303/console

and it also fail (well, should fail) with this:
16:51:07 make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

which is indeed not present in the git repo, so this seems like the job is unmaintained.

The last one to fail is glusterd2-containers:

https://build.gluster.org/job/glusterd2-containers/323/console

This one is fun, because it fail, but appear as ok on jenkins. It fail
because of some ansible issue, due to newer Fedora.

So, since we need to switch, here is what I would recommend:
- switch the working job to F30
- wait 2 weeks, and switch fedora-smoke and python-compliance to F30. This will force someone to fix the problem.
- drop the non fixed containers jobs, unless someone fix them, in 1 month.

Sysadmin, Community Infrastructure