[Gluster-infra] [Gluster-devel] is_nfs_export_available from nfs.rc failing too often?

Jiffin Thottan jthottan at redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 06:26:20 UTC 2019

Hi,

is_nfs_export_available is just a wrapper around "showmount" command AFAIR.
I saw following messages in console output.
 mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
05:06:55 mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
05:06:55 mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified

For me it looks rpcbind may not be running on the machine.
Usually rpcbind starts automatically on machines, don't know whether it can happen or not.

Regards,
Jiffin