[Gluster-infra] Hurricane Florence and Gluster Infrastructure

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 12:38:56 UTC 2018

Hi people,

If you aren’t already aware, a large chunk of Gluster Infrastructure is
hosted in a data center that’s based out of Morrisville, North
Carolina. A data center outage is possible as the hurricane Florence
makes landfall along the US East coast, and floods in the region are
expected, potentially disrupting power and internet lines for several
days. Our datacenter vendor has taken adequate precautions to prevent a
large scale outage, however, please be prepared for things to go wrong,
especially network outages.

We host Gerrit (review.gluster.org) and Jenkins (build.gluster.org) in
that datacenter. So any impact to it will bring a part of our work to a
standstill until we can go in and bring them back online.

This will not affect our website (www.gluster.org) or the downloads
website (download.gluster.org)

On behalf of Gluster Infra Team