[Gluster-infra] Download.gluster.org move preparation, DNS change tomorrow

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 15:14:55 UTC 2018

Hi,

so as discussed on gluster-infra, we need to move out of rackspace, our
hoster for some services.

To prepare the future migration, we are gonna change the DNS, and point
download.gluster.org from 23.253.208.221 to 8.43.85.185

While we expect that to be smooth and a operation we did several time
(moving a server behind our proxy, which will help the real migration
later), download.gluster.org is kinda critical for CI and to lots of
people, hence this announce.

As a side note, we do not have ip v6 connectivity in the new location
(not fault of asking since years), so I will likely remove the AAAA
record. At the same time.

I plan to do that around 12h UTC tomorrow, and it should take a few
hours to propagate.