[Gluster-infra] Plan to move out of rackspace

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 18:08:16 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 12:01:45PM +0200, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> so as people who have to deal with that, we have to get out of
> rackspace since they are stopping sponsoring free software projects in
> 2 months.
>
> After cleaning up servers, we still have the following systems in
> rackspace:
>
> - download.gluster.org
> - supercolony.gluster.org
> - bugs.gluster.org
> - a few builders

> bugs
> ====
>
> This one is the simple, and will likely be the first one I deal with.
>
> SO my first plan was to just finish doing ansible integration, move it
> to a VM on the internal vlan (so behind our proxy), and switch.
>
> However, looking at the work I did, I wonder if it would be simpler to
> generate the code on a jenkins builder (for example, bugzilla.int), and
> just run the jobs here (and copy the data to the internal http server
> like ci-logs, etc)
>
> Nigel did discuss moving that to Openshift, which would be a good idea,
> but we do not have that yet, and frankly, given that all my attempts to
> install openshift did finish with spending lots of time fixing small
> bugs, I think I will wait until the path of break^W innovation slow
> down before using that when I do have a 2 months deadline looming.
>
> Niels, as you are the one who deal with bugs.gluster.org, have a
> opinion with that plan ?

Go for it! The https://bugs.cloud.gluster.org site is quite static and
can be generated from Jenkins. As long as the generated data file is
correctly linked from the webpage, everything should work just fine. The
page itself does not often get updates, but it could be a git clone
after which the data gets captured. A webserver just needs to host
three(?) files.

See https://github.com/gluster/gluster-bugs-webui for details.

Thanks,
Niels