[Gluster-infra] Maintaining gluster/centosci repo

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 05:29:08 UTC 2018

Hello folks,

The centosci repo keeps falling behind in terms of reviews and merges +
delay in applying the merges on ci.centos.org. I'd like to propose the
following to change that. This change will impact everyone who runs a job
on Centos CI.

* As soon as you merge a patch into that repo, we will apply that patch on
Centos CI using Jenkins/Travis (don't really care which one).
* Every team that has a job will have at least one committer (preferably
more than 1). Please feel free to review and merge patches as long as it
only applies to your job. If you want to add new committers.
* If you need to create a new job, you can ask us for initial review, but
the rest can be handled by your team independently.
* If you want an old job deleted, please file a bug.

Does this sound acceptable? I'm going to deploy a CI job to apply master on
Centos CI on 29th. Please nominate folks from your teams who need explicit
commit access. The first day might be choppy in case there's a diff between
what's in ci.centos.org vs what's on the repo.

--
nigelb