[Gluster-infra] Distributed Testing and Memory issues

Deepshikha Khandelwal dkhandel at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 04:24:08 UTC 2018

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 12:12 PM, Karthikeyan Radhakrishnan <krad at fb.com>
wrote:

> Hi Nigel,
>

> This is awesome!
>

> MemoryError is very weird. We @Facebook have never seen that. The test
> server/client is super thin to cause memory pressure, but the tests they
> run can cause such issues. How much memory does the machine you are running
> have?

I'm running this on machines having 2GB memory. And I think this is enough
to have this distributed test framework setup for us.

> Is the machine under pressure when you see the errors? The best way would
> be to add a rpc to query memory stat and observe.

These are newly created machines running just XMLRPC server process. I
checked with top and got to know that this process is utilizing about 77%
of memory at initial stage itself when the tester part of code scans and
skip kicking the host/server for availability.
RPC is a new thing for me, so I'm not aware of RPC query calls. If you can
brief me more about this, it would be helpful.

> Let me accelerate setting up some common space (like aws) where can re-pro
> such problems.

It would be great.