[Gluster-infra] [Gluster-devel] Github teams/repo cleanup

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Jul 25 12:38:57 UTC 2018

Le mercredi 25 juillet 2018 à 14:08 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le mercredi 25 juillet 2018 à 16:06 +0530, Nigel Babu a écrit :
> > I think our team structure on Github has become unruly. I prefer
> > that
> > we
> > use teams only when we can demonstrate that there is a strong need.
> > At the
> > moment, the gluster-maintainers and the glusterd2 projects have
> > teams
> > that
> > have a strong need. If any other repo has a strong need for teams,
> > please
> > speak up. Otherwise, I suggest we delete the teams and add the
> > relevant
> > people as collaborators on the project.
> >
> > It should be safe to delete the gerrit-hooks repo. These are now
> > Github
> > jobs. I'm not in favor of archiving the old projects if they're
> > going
> > to be
> > hidden from someone looking for it. If they just move to the end of
> > the
> > listing, it's fine to archive.
>
> So I did a test and just archived gluster/vagrant, and it can still
> be
> found.
>
> So I am going to archives at least the salt stuff, and the gerrit-
> hooks
> one. And remove the empty one.

So while cleaning thing up, I wonder if we can remove this one:
https://github.com/gluster/jenkins-ssh-slaves-plugin

We have just a fork, lagging from upstream and I am sure we do not use
it.

The same goes for:
https://github.com/gluster/devstack-plugins

since I think openstack did change a lot, that seems like some internal
 configuration for dev, I guess we can remove it ?