[Gluster-infra] Switching mailman to https only

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Jul 4 10:05:30 UTC 2018

Le mardi 03 juillet 2018 à 14:20 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le lundi 02 juillet 2018 à 19:16 +0200, Niels de Vos a écrit :

> > > Yup, I have seen the bug that you opened (and seen that bug too),
> > > and I
> > > didn't found the option :/
> > >
> > > That is what prompted me to dig a bit on the current setup, and
> > > well,
> > > it was a bit more rusty than I would have liked...
> > >
> > > I will dig mailman source code to understand what is going on.
> >
> > Ok, thanks!
>
> So, seems I had the solution right under my nose the whole time.
> There
> is a setting for the web interface url, but all example gave it
> without
> the protocol. But after reading the code, I figured that I could just
> force https here and be fine.

And no.

So mailman has a setting, but it also copy the variable in the
configuration per list. And that this is not exposed in the CLI tool.

So I have to shutdown mailman, switch the web_page_url in the pickle
dump, and restart.

I remember it already took time 2 years ago for the vhost change to
figure that :/